PMI is Supporting Important Developments in Project Management by Launching the Agile Certification
Who Should Pursue the PMI Agile Certification?
Practitioners who are using Agile practices in their projects, or whose organizations are adopting Agile approaches to project management, are good candidates for the PMI Agile Certification. By earning the Agile certification, practitioners can:
- Demonstrate to employers their level of professionalism in Agile practices of project management
- Increase their professional versatility in both project management tools and techniques
- Show they have the capacity to lead basic Agile project teams by holding a certification that is more credible than existing training-only or exam-only based offerings
PMI serves the project management profession by providing practitioners with a toolbox of select tools and techniques—and Agile is one of those tools. For example, those who have the PMP® and are working in an organization that is using Agile techniques, the Agile Certification provides an applicable knowledge base of Agile principles and concepts.
Key Dates for the Agile Certification Launch
- May 2011 – Candidates for the Agile certification will be able to submit an application for the pilot.
- August 2011 – Pilot testing is scheduled to begin.
If you have questions that cannot be answered by the information on PMI.org/Agile, please contact PMI Customer Care based in your region:
North America/Latin America at firstname.lastname@example.org